TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions of service apply to all products and services provided by REVEL AFRICA (PTY) LTD, hereinafter referred to as Revel Africa.
The “CLIENT” means the person who accepts a quotation of Revel Africa for the supply of “EVENT SERVICES”. “INSTALLATION SERVICES” means the Services which Revel Africa is to supply or provide in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and referred to in the COST ESTIMATE, QUOTATION and INVOICE usually by way of a INSTALLATION.
“CONDITIONS” means the standard terms and conditions for the supply of services and/or sale as set out in this document and (unless the context otherwise requires) includes any special terms and conditions agreed in writing between the CLIENT and Revel Africa.
Revel Africa would supply and execute the “EVENT SERVICES” service to the CLIENT who shall purchase same in accordance with any written quotation of Revel Africa which is accepted by the CLIENT or any written order of the CLIENT which is accepted by
Revel Africa subject to either case to these Conditions which shall govern the Contract to the exclusion of any others terms and conditions subject to which any quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted or any such order is made or purported to be made by the CLIENT.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS SUMMARISED
- No cheques accepted. It is imperative that you submit proof of payment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and use your invoice number as a reference.
- A 50% Non-Refundable deposit is required 3 weeks prior to the event date to confirm the booking
- The outstanding balance is due 14 days before the event date – No items or service will be delivered prior to payment reflecting in our account. .
- In the event that the Assignment is issued to us less than 30 days before the date that the Event takes place, the invoice must be paid immediately.
- If event is cancelled within less than 14 days of event date, costs that have already incurred will be deducted from the deposit. All cancellations must be received in writing and the date of cancellation is that upon which written cancellation is received by us.
- All hired items will be in the care of the customer from delivery until collection and he / she will be responsible for any damages or liabilities occurred during this time.
- A refundable damage deposit is payable and will be refunded within 7 days after goods are returned in the same condition in which it was received.
- Revel Africa or any director or personnel from Revel Africa will not be held responsible for any death, injury or damage to any property or person due to problems arising from the event in any way.
- Revel Africa does not accept any liability for non-completion of an event or for any delays arising as a result of strikes, riots or lockouts, adverse weather conditions, loss, damage or cancellation due to causes beyond our control.
- In the event that the Client wishes to make changes to the program of the Assignment before or during the Event takes place, providing that such change is possible, the Client is liable for covering all costs in relation thereto.
- All offers are valid for 7 days as from the offer date, subject to availability, and will thereafter expire without the option of appeal if they are not accepted in writing within this period. Unless otherwise stated, all prices are exclusive of VAT.
C O S T E S T I M A T E S A N D P R I C I N G
- A non-refundable 50% deposit of the quoted amount allocated and stated as per the COST ESTIMATE is due in order for your booking to be confirmed and for the production process to commence on your EVENT SERVICES. This deposit secures the date, time and services specified for your event. In an event of cancellation, this deposit is non-refundable or transferable, due to agreed loss of business and income incurred asa result of the project not going ahead and the CLIENT will be liable for full payment should it not yet have been received.
The balance of the quoted amount allocated (taking into account any COST ESTIMATE, QUOTATION and INVOICE adjustments since the deposit was paid) is payable three weeks prior to execution of our services for your event. Prices and fees quoted are for the duration of setup and services rendered as specified in the COST ESTIMATE, QUOTATION and INVOICE pertaining to the EVENT SERVICE required by the CLIENT.
All prices exclude VAT.
The price of the EVENT SERVICE shall be equivalent to the price quoted as per the quotation provided by Revel Africa. All prices quoted for are in Rands. All prices quoted are valid until price changes and would be brought into effect by Revel Africa after giving
the CLIENT due notice of price changes.
Revel Africa reserves the right by giving notice to the CLIENT through email or telephonic correspondence at any given time before delivery takes place in the event of increase in the price of the service rendered to reflect any increase in the cost to Revel Africa. This applies to an increase in cost which is due to any factor beyond Revel Africa’s control (such
as increase in the costs of labour materials or other costs, changes in delivery dates/times and delivery locations, quantities ordered or changes in the specifications for the EVENT SERVICES which is requested by the CLIENT.
An increase in cost to Revel Africa could also apply to any delay caused by an instruction of the CLIENT or failure of the CLIENT to give Revel Africa adequate notice, information or instructions. In this event, a surcharge of 15% will added to the outstanding amount.
EVENT SERVICES requiring production time would require a three weeks notices prior to site execution, production time required could be longer for more intricate projects. Should a deposit not be received a month prior to the event or project deadline, the mock up fee would be voided due to insufficient time being available for a mock up and full production. Unless otherwise stated delivery charges are included in any prices quoted by Revel Africa.
Revel Africa reserves the right to make any changes to the specification of the services and the installation process as required to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements. As well as in the event of when EVENT SERVICES are to be supplied according to Revel Africa’s specification which do not materially affect the quality of performance.
Appropriate substitutions would be made for any products, goods & items which become unavailable. Market related price changes are applicable. All hireables will remain the property of Revel Africa for the duration of the event.
Should any damage occur to the above mentioned hireables the CLIENT would
be liable for the replacement cost and charged accordingly. All hireables which are setup out of doors are subjected to the elements such as wind and sun. This can have the effect of
prematurely wilting or damaging the florals, furniture and décor if exposed for prolonged periods.
The CLIENT acknowledges and understands that Revel Africa shall not be responsible for any wilting or damage resulting from environmental conditions occurring after setup by Revel Africa.
C A N C E L L A T I O N
- If the CLIENT should wish to cancel or postpone their confirmed “EVENT SERVICES” at any given time whether it be verbally or written, then the CLIENT should communicate this clearly in writing.If the CLIENT should cancel their “EVENT SERVICES” at any time then the CLIENT agrees to pay the following cancellation charges:
If the cancellation is corresponded in writing and received in less than 30 days prior to the date of the required EVENT SERVICES then the cancellation charge would be 100% of the outstanding balance to cover costs incurred up to that point, as well as loss of income as a result of the EVENT SERVICE not going ahead and the client will be liable for full payment should it not yet have been received.
If the cancellation is corresponded in writing and received 60 to 90 days prior to the date of the required EVENT SERVICES then the cancellation charge would be 75% of the outstanding balance.
If the cancellation is corresponded in writing and more than 90 days prior to the date of the required EVENT SERVICES then the cancellation charge would be 50% of the outstanding balance
In the event of cancellations as set out above, Revel Africa shall be entitled to withhold and set off any monies received from the CLIENT (including those referred to in the paragraph below) against the said cancellation charges.
Subject to any special terms agreed in writing between the CLIENT and Revel Africa, the CLIENT shall pay to Revel Africa a non refundable deposit of 50% upon acceptance of your COST ESTIMATE, QUOTATION or INVOICE to secure the booking. The
outstanding amount should be paid three weeks before delivery of the EVENT SERVICES. All payments should be made directly into Revel Africa’s bank account as stated on the COST ESTIMATE, QUOTATION or INVOICE.
Proof of payments should be mailed to email@example.com
Any deposit made into our account or monies paid directly to us will be considered acceptance of the latest version of your COST ESTIMATE, QUOTATION or INVOICE. And this will legally bind you to the terms and conditions in their entirety. The most recent COST ESTIMATE, QUOTATION or INVOICE supersedes all previous COST ESTIMATES, QUOTATIONS or INVOICES and only the items on the latest version of the COST ESTIMATE, QUOTATION or INVOICE will be delivered.
Should the CLIENT fail to make any payment on the due date then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to Revel Africa, Revel Africa shall be entitled to cancel the Contract/Event or suspend any further deliveries to the Client.
M O C K-U P , P R O T O T Y P E S, S I T E I N S P E C T I O N S
- As part of the event management process, we strongly recommend executing a mock-up or prototype display pertaining to your EVENT SERVICE at least 2-3 months before the EVENT date. Mock - up and prototype fees will differ from project to project and are therefore quoted accordingly depending on costs and requirements. In addition a delivery and time charge may apply if the mockup or prototype is scheduled outside the radius of 80kmfrom the studio.
A site inspection may also be required before an accurate COST ESTIMATE, QUOTATION can be sent to the CLIENT. The site inspection fee will deducted
upon your final COST ESTIMATE, QUOTATION or INVOICE.
O N S I T E L O C A T I O N
- To ensure the smooth running of the setup of your EVENT SERVICE, Revel Africa encourages the CLIENT to accept a site inspection with all parties involved on the installation project at the appropriate location of the event.Revel Africa’s on site team should immediately be informed in respect of any queries relating to event performed during the setup of the CLIENT’S event.
In the event of adverse weather conditions such as rain or high winds which could, in Revel Africa’s sole discretion, result in damage to any subcontracted items pertaining to Revel Africa’s services then these subcontracted items pertaining to Revel Africa’s services will not be installed. In the event that the
CLIENT insists on these subcontracted items pertaining to Revel Africa’s services be installed, the CLIENT will then be liable for any damages incurred.
Subject to the conditions set out below Revel Africa warrants that the EVENT SERVICES would be provided using reasonable care and skill and would correspond with their specifications at the time of installation.
The above warranty is given by Revel Africa is subject to the condition that Revel Africa shall be under no liability under the above warranty (or any other warranty condition or guarantee) if the total price for the EVENT SERVICES has not been paid by the due date for payment.
Revel Africa will make every endeavour to effect delivery, installation and collection at the time requested by the CLIENT. No responsibility would be taken if requested times are not upheld.
Breakdown and the removal of all EVENT SERVICES rendered would be affected as soon as possible, but all equipment cannot be collected immediately after use from all sites.
Revel Africa is under no liability whatsoever for any injury, death or damage to persons or property or loss of profit claimed by the CLIENT in respect of any interruptions, delays, inaccuracies, errors, omissions or any failure to
deliver or from the use of any equipment under the CONTRACT. Setup of your required EVENT
SERVICES will not commence unless a signed copy of the CONDITIONS is received.
Revel Africa shall not be liable to the CLIENT or be deemed to be in breach of the contract by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of Revel Africa’s obligations in relation to the EVENT SERVICES if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond Revel Africa’s reasonable control of the other, including, without limitation, those resulting from labour disputes, fire, floods, riots, civil disturbances, weather conditions, control exercised by a government entity, unavoidable casualties or acts of God or a public enemy, the performance of
such party shall be excused for so long as the circumstances shall prevent such performance.
Should the CLIENT’S event be cancelled, postponed or otherwise adversely impacted as a result of a force majeure event, there shall be no refunds for payments already received. Revel Africa will use all reasonable efforts to work with CLIENT to produce the contracted EVENT SERVICE at a later date if necessary, subject to Revel Africa’s availability. Additional fees may be incurred and due to Revel Africa and any subcontractors, as a result of a rescheduled event. We recommend the consideration of event insurance to cover such an Event.
COPYRIGHT/ INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Revel Africa maintains the copyright to all EVENT SERVICES. Revel Africa maintains the right to share and use photographs of all EVENT SERVICES on all social media platforms managing the Revel Africa website and the Revel Africa website.All discussions, images, look books, design concepts, artwork, patterns, floral formulas and mechanics, design sketches and final project designs are the copyright and a proprietary nature of Revel Africa. All look books, design concepts, artwork, design sketches and final project designs may not be reproduced or shared with competing businesses, the public or used for own profit or personal gains pre or post your EVENT.
Any improper or illegal use of any look books, design concepts, artwork, patterns, floral formulas and mechanics, design sketches and final project designs would not be tolerated. Should you wish to utilize any of the concepts and ideas in the proposal after the initial design consultation / mockup / site inspection without retaining the services of Revel Africa a creative consultancy fee will be invoiced in lieu of the time spent on producing the content and investigation of processes.The proposal presented remains the property of Revel Africa.